Job Role: Intermediate – Senior Java Developer
Industry: Information Technology Employment Type:
Fixed Term Contract Reports To: Development Manager Joining
Date: Immediately Monthly
As an Intermediate – Senior Java Developer you will be responsible for developing complex and mission critical systems.
You will be required to:
- Accurately estimate the amount of time needed to implement a technical project;
- Be responsible for the technical quality of the code in the domain;
- Design solutions with regards to classes, database design and infrastructure design;
- Develop features across multiple subsystems within our domain, including collaboration in
- requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Assisting analysts with requirement definitions, user stories, system design and specification preparation.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output and logical operation and convert them into high quality computer programs using specialised technology.
- Review existing implementations and models, identify potential bugs or deficiencies and look for possible improvements.
- Participate in design discussion, design reviews, code reviews and implementation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or similar relevant qualification;
- Proven track record of delivering well-crafted solutions and systems (exposure to missioncritical systems within the financial space is beneficial);
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering fundamentals;
- Ability to work under high pressure;
- 5 – 7 years’ experience using Java.
Tech Stack & Frameworks:
- Application Servers/Environments: Jboss EAP / Wildfly
- Application Development platforms: Java, J2EE, JEE
- Application development frameworks/Libraries: Java, EJB, JPA, Hibernate, JMS, JTA, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, JSP,
- Servlet, JSF, Primefaces, Ajax, XML, Junit
- Security frameworks: JAAS, LDAP
- Reporting server: Tibco Jasper
- Tools/Libraries: Git, Maven, Bamboo, Nexus, Jira, Slack, stash, Eclipse/IntelliJ. Databases:Oracle
- Middleware Architecture & Systems Integration (SOA): SOAP, REST, SWIFT, FIX, SWIFT MX, MQ, IBM MQ, ActiveMQ, Apache Camel.
- Operating systems: Linux,Windows
- Development methodologies:Agile